Discord is an excellent place to hang out with your friends. You can talk to your friends over video or call. Also, it gives you the option to broadcast your screen and talk to multiple people at once. However, sometimes you might want to unfriend one of your friends on the platform. So the question is, how to unfriend someone on Discord?
Unfriending someone on Discord is extremely easy, and in this article, I will talk about how you can unfriend someone on Discord using the Discord desktop and mobile app.
So here we go:
What Happens When You Unfriend Someone On Discord?
Just like any other social media platform, when you remove someone as your friend, they will not get notified. However, if you share any Discord servers with them, then you will no longer get to see their messages. Also, they will be removed from your Friends list and won’t be able to DM you.
However, if they do try to DM you, they will encounter with the following message:
“This message could not be delivered because you don’t share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, the recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or the recipient blocked you.”
If you wish to continue seeing your friend’s messages on Discord servers, then muting them would be a better choice. However, to help you out, I have mentioned both the methods below:
How To Unfriend Someone On Discord?
Using Discord Desktop:
Removing friends from Discord web or desktop app is super easy. Follow the below steps to remove a friend right away:
- First, log in to Discord web or launch the Discord desktop app.
- On the Discord dashboard itself, you will find a list of your online friends. Or you can click on Friends from the side bar.
- Next, from the top, click on All to list down all your Discord friends.
- Now, look for the friend you wish to unfriend, or you can search for the user.
- Finally, click on the three dots icon next to the user and select Remove friend.
That’s it. The person is now unfriended and will no longer get to message you.
Using Discord Mobile App:
- Launch the Discord app on your Android or iOS device.
- Swipe left to open up the Discord menu.
- From bottom select friends icon (2nd icon).
- Over here, you will see all your friends.
- Tap on the friend you wish to unfriend.
- Then click on the three dots icon from the top right corner and select Remove friend.
How to Mute Someone on Discord?
If you don’t wish to unfriend someone on Discord, muting them would be a good alternative. This way, you won’t see their messages.
To mute someone, follow the below steps:
- Launch Discord.
- Then click on the Discord channel button from the top left corner.
- Over here, you should see a list of Direct Message channels.
- Now to mute someone, right-click on the person’s name.
- Then from the dropdown menu, select Mute @username and choose a time frame for how long you wish to mute the person.
How do you unfriend and block someone on Discord mobile?
1. Launch the Discord mobile app and go to your friend’s list.
2. Tap on the person who you wish to block.
3. Click on the three dots icon from the top left corner.
4. Select Block.
Can someone see you unfriend them on Discord?
When you unfriend someone, Discord does not notify the user about it. However, you and the person you have unfriended won’t get to see each other messages on a mutual Discord server.
What happens if someone blocked you on Discord?
If someone has blocked you on Discord, you won’t be able to text them. If you do send them a message, you will encounter the following message: “Your message could not be delivered. This is usually because you don’t share a server with the recipient or the recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends”.
So that was all for your question about how to unfriend someone on Discord. Now go ahead and try both of the above options and see if they are any help to you. Also, if you have any additional queries, feel free to drop a comment below.