It is a pretty frustrating thing when your AirPods Pro’s case does not work. This means you will no longer be able to charge your AirPods Pro. Hence, it is obvious to ask how to charge AirPods Pro Without case?
Unfortunately, there is no way to charge your AirPods Pro without the case. As AirPods uses the charging tech inside the case to power up the battery. So if your case is not working, then your AirPods is cut off from the power source.
But don’t worry, here are a few things that you can try out:
Get An Official Replacement Case
You can get a new case from didn’t purchase AppleCare+ for your AirPods Pro, then you need to pay the full amount for the replacement case.
The steps to get a replacement case are:
- Before you proceed, you need to have the serial number of your AirPods. You can find the serial number by going to Settings>Bluetooth>AirPods Name>Tap the (i) icon, scroll down, and you will find the Serial Number. The original packaging also contains the serial number.
- You can go to Apple’s website.
- If you go to the website, you’ll need to choose the product first; choose AirPods there.
- Now, select the issue you are facing. If you have lost the AirPods case, click on Lost or Missing AirPods. If it is damaged, click on Physical or Liquid Damage.
- Then select Replace AirPods case.
- Now you will have to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Then follow the onscreen steps.
If the case is lost, you’ll be asked to make a payment. Alternatively, if your AirPods case is not working, then you’ll need to send the case to the local Apple Service Provider, and they will ship you a replacement case as soon as possible.
Use Friend’s Charging Case
If your friend has the same AirPods as you do, then you can use that case to charge your AirPods until you buy a replacement case.
While using someone else charging case, you will need to pair it at first. Once charged, your AirPods can offer you a listening time of 5 to 6 hours.
Get A Third-Party Replacement Case
Although Apple doesn’t recommend users to use a Third-Party case, you can use it anyway. This is an affordable option if you are on a tight budget and can’t get a free replacement.
Before buying a third-party case, read the reviews and ensure that the third-party case is compatible with your AirPods.
Third-Party cases may not be as fast as the original ones, and you’ll also not get the same functionalities. But, you can make use of it in any way.
How to Charge AirPods With a Different Case?
If you have a replacement case or borrowed a case from your friend, you need to pair it before you can use it. To pair the AirPods, you can follow the below steps:
- Go to your device’s settings.
- Click on Bluetooth.
- Click on the (i) icon beside your AirPods’ name.
- Then click on Forget This Device.
- Click on Forget Device again to confirm your request.
- Now insert your AirPods into the new case. Make sure the case is charged.
- Open the lid of the case.
- Then press and hold the setup button located on the case.
- Now, on your device, you will see a message with an option, Connect; tap on that.
- Tap on Done to finish the setup process.
Your friend will need to pair the case again when he tries to connect.
So that was all about how to charge AirPods without case. Although there is no way to charge your AirPods without a case, you can always buy a replacement case or a third-party case. Anyway, if there is anything else you wish to ask, drop a comment below.
- Why Does One Airpod Die Faster?
- Are AirPods Good for Gaming?
- How to Connect AirPods With Dead Case?
- Can You Charge Someone Else’s AirPods in Your Case?
- Why Is My AirPods Case Flashing Orange?