Without the Apple Pencil, using the iPad is no fun. The Apple stylus makes it super easy to navigate through the iPad, take notes or perform different tasks. But it can be pretty annoying when you encounter issues like Apple Pencil keeps disconnecting. As a result, using the stylus becomes a pain.
So the question is, how to fix this issue? Well, below, I have mentioned a couple of fixes that will help you out with this:
Fix: Apple Pencil Keeps Disconnecting
1. Restart Your iPad
Restarting the iPad can solve a lot of common issues with the iPad itself, plus connected devices like Apple Pencil. There might be something preventing your iPad from establishing a strong connection with the stylus. So go ahead and restart your iPad.
To restart your iPad, follow the below steps:
Restart an iPad without a Home button
- Press any of the volume buttons and the top button at the same time.
- Hold the buttons till you see the power-off slider on your screen.
- Drag the slider from left to right and wait 30 seconds for your iPad to get turned off.
- Now, press and hold the top button of your iPad until you see the Apple logo to turn it back on.
Restart an iPad with a Home button:
- Press and hold the top button until the power-off slider appears on your screen.
- Drag the slider, and it will take 30 seconds to turn off your iPad.
- Press and hold the top button to turn it on back.
2. Charge the Pencil fully
If you have been using the pencil for a long time, there might be a possibility that the battery of your Apple Pencil has deteriorated. It is not able to hold a proper charge. As a result, you are facing issues like Apple pencil keeps disconnecting.
So make sure to charge your Apple Pencil fully and then try to use it with your iPad and see if you are getting the same error.
3. Turn On/Off Bluetooth
Bluetooth can also be blamed for the connectivity issue between your Apple Pencil and iPad. So you can try reconnecting both devices and see if it works.
To turn on/off Bluetooth, go to Settings> Bluetooth and turn the Bluetooth toggle off. After a few seconds, enable it back.
4. Re-Pair Your Apple Pencil
You can also try removing your Apple Pencil from the iPad and add it again. This will ensure that there is no connectivity issue. For this, follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings on your iPad.
- Then open Bluetooth.
- You will see the name of your Apple Pencil under My Devices.
- Tap on the (i) icon beside the pencil’s name.
- Click forget this device and confirm your request to remove the Apple Pencil from your iPad.
After that, you have to pair your Apple Pencil to your iPad again and see if you are facing still facing Apple Pencil Keeps Disconnecting error.
5. Fasten/Replace the Tip
If you are using the pencil for a prolonged period, it might be possible that the Tip has loosened or worn out. As a result, you are not being able to write on your iPad even if the Apple Pencil is connected.
So you can try fastening the nib and see if it works. If it does not, then you can try replacing the nib with a new one.
So those were a few fixes for the Apple Pencil keeps disconnecting error. If, in the end, nothing works out for you, then you can try using someone else’s stylus to see if that works on your iPad.
Or you can try using your pencil on someone’s else iPad. If that works, you might have to reset your iPad settings or replace your Apple Pencil.
Anyway, if there is anything else you wish to ask, then do feel free to comment below, and I will help you out.
- How to Charge Apple Pencil 2 Without iPad?
- How to Connect Logitech Keyboard to iPad?
- Is It Worth Replacing iPad Battery?