Does Better Discord not seem to work for you? Better Discord doesn’t load properly, and the background image isn’t showing? Better Discord has been making waves lately, and you’ve probably heard about it. This is the right way to say it.
The Better Discord plugins and themes make it easy to customize your Discord experience. It’s easy to get started. The problem with Better Discord is quite common. Discord does not have an official release of BetterDiscord. These problems can occur during the installation process or even afterward.
There is a problem with Better Discord. When you need it, there is also a solution. Discord does not show a better background image. A customized approach can be taken here—users of macOS and Windows.
If you are using any other application like Better Discord + instead of BandageBD, make sure you are using it.
Better Discord is Not Working
1. Restart the Discord Client
Many problems can be solved by restarting Discord. When the Discord client is restarted, a new session is created. Getting rid of any custom add-ons and Better Discord can be done by forcing the service to reload. Using this method, your custom themes and plugins will be properly applied. You can relaunch Discord by clicking the App window and pressing Ctrl and R (Windows) or Command and R (Mac).
It won’t take long for the Window to turn grey and blank. Once it has restarted, the process will start again. In case your first try did not work, restart the program. Attempts that fail should be restarted. For a thorough restart, close Discord completely. By clicking the X, you can close the Window. The app will stay open in the background by clicking the button at the top-right. Here are the alternatives. Performance is the preferred method. Windows users may access Discord by clicking the icon on their homepage and then selecting the appropriate option. Discord should be closed.
The Mac equivalent of selecting Discord is clicking the App Menu, then saying Quit or pressing the command key and the Q key simultaneously.
Access Task Manager and end the Discord session. The taskbar option can be selected using the right-click menu on Windows. Manage tasks. Please select one of the following options: Processes Select Discord and click on end task.
You can reopen the app once it has been closed completely. Your Mac or PC will need to be restarted. After that, you should open Discord to make sure that Better Discord is loading correctly.
2. Log Out and Log In to Your Discord Account
When Better Discord was not working, some users found that logging out of Discord fixed the problem. It seems to solve the problem, but we are unsure. You may need to adjust your account settings to resolve the issue. It would be a good idea to try this step quickly. Click the settings icon button to do this. Config Settings Menu.
The left-hand side of the screen contains the Log Out option. The next window will allow you to click the button and close your browser.
After restarting the app or signing in directly through Discord, you can sign in.
3. Repair BandagedBD through the BandagedBD Installer
Better Discord can be fixed by using the installer. During the installation of Better Discord, we added an additional option called Repair BandagedBD. We suggest you use this troubleshooter created by the great minds at BandagedBD. Better discord not working can be fixed by repairing it.
- To access the BandagedBD from the Github page click here to download the installer. Your computer’s operating system (Windows, Mac, or Linux) determines whether you should download the file.
- After you’ve downloaded BandagedBD, you can open it. Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next, choose Repair BandagedBD.
- After clicking “Repair On Stable” on the next screen, tick any BandagedBD problems you encounter at the bottom.
- Lastly, click on Repair.
The repairs can be completed by reinstalling BandagedBD. As soon as the repairs are complete, you should be able to test whether Better Discord is loading properly.
4. Remove Your Custom Themes and Plugins from the Better Discord Folder
Because of plugins or themes, Better Discord may not work properly sometimes. Trying a clean slate and removing any add-ons might help diagnose the issue. Deleting your customized themes and plugins does not have to mean removing them completely. In the meantime, you can temporarily store them somewhere else while Better Discord helps you with the problem. You can access your Discord plugins and custom themes in the plugins folder.
- You must first click on the button to get to the Settings page. Setup menu for configuration
- Bandaged BD plugins and themes can be found on the left side. You can then select your preferred option. You can now choose “Open Plugin Folder.” or “Open Theme Folder.”
- Get rid of any theme files and plugins in the folder. Move them elsewhere.
Better Discord can also be accessed via the file manager of your computer. You are likely looking at the folder path here. C:\Users\” username”\AppData\Roaming\BetterDiscordOnce you have deleted all plugins or themes previously installed on Discord, you can try it again. Check if Better Discord works again (Step 1). To check if the background image of Better Discord is still showing up, you can add new themes.
5. Temporarily Remove the “bdstorage.json” File
Additionally, this File can be found in the directory BetterDiscord created in the previous step. A few users reported that Better Discord problems disappeared after deleting this File. Additionally, you can find more information here. The File does not need to be deleted; it can be moved temporarily instead. Following is a step-by-step guide to “bdstorage.json”. Navigate to this location in File Explorer: C:\Users\” username”\AppData\Roaming\BetterDiscord
You can open Discord or restart it after deleting the file. It worked then, didn’t it? Additionally, “bdstorage.json” can be moved to the BetterDiscord directory.
6. Change the System Language
It is beneficial if the Better Discord theme does not appear or if the background image does not appear. If you switch the language, you will reset the appearance settings for the client. A moment after switching the language, the app may go dark for a while. Discord can be changed to a different language by:
- You must first click on the button to get to the Settings page. Setup menu for configuration
- Navigate to the App Settings section on the left. Language.
- From there, you can choose a different language: You can also restart Discord.
Better Discord needs to be checked to make sure that it is still working. You can always switch back to the language of your choice.
7. Reinstall Better Discord
Trying to install Better Discord again may work for you if the first attempt did not succeed. Once you try twice or three times, you will be able to find the magic again. The reason for this is that Better Discord’s first installation wasn’t correct. Also, Better Discord may be updated. Better Discord requires that we first uninstall it before installing it. Improved Discord will be updated with the most recent version. Here are the easiest steps for removing Better Discord from your computer:
- The first step is to start the installer of Better Discord. There is a possibility that you downloaded it previously. It can also be downloaded again from their website. The next page can be accessed by clicking here. Depending on your operating system, you’ll need to download the appropriate file (Windows, macOS).
- After that, choose from the available actions. Uninstall BandagedBD.
- Then click Remove from Stable and check both boxes under Additional Options (Remove All BandageBD Data, Restart All Discord Instances).
- Then select Uninstall.
Additionally, you should reinstall Discord. You can also uninstall Better Discord by following Step 8. You can try reinstalling Discord if the above method doesn’t work. Better Discord has been completely removed. Previously, this was InstallerFrom. You can now install BandagedBD Tick Stable using the Install BandagedBD Tick Stable option. Install by clicking here.
Once Discord has restarted, it should be up and running. After that, you should be installing Better Discord again.
8. Reinstall the Discord App
The fix for this issue can be found at the end of this article due to the fact that it requires additional steps. Using it helps resolve a variety of Discord problems. We must first uninstall TheDiscordClient and remove any Roaming and AppData files. After doing this, a fresh copy of Discord is downloaded and installed on PC. Listed below are the steps for reinstalling Discord for Windows or macOS.
Discord from Windows should be removed entirely.
- Next, press the Windows key and R key together, then choose appwiz.cpl from the list that appears. Finally, choose Discord from the options presented. When you right-click on an item, choose Uninstall.
- Then you should delete all traces of Discord from your computer. Located in the roaming folder of Discord are these files. Windows + R together will prompt you to run the program. Go to %appdata% and delete the Discord file there.
- Press (Windows + R) again to open the Run menu. %localappdata%. The item should be removed from the list. You can delete Discord files. To erase the data from the Discord app on your local computer file, check the image below.
Discord should be removed entirely from macOS.
- As a first step, open the finder, select Applications from the left pane, and select Discard from the menu.
- Click the trash bin link, then right-click it and choose Trash.
- Discord app data should be deleted next. You can select the appropriate option by going to the app menu and then selecting an option you want. To open a file, click on the “Go to Folder…” link. This will then be used as a search box type: /LibraryClick here.
- After typing in your search term, select Discord from the drop-down menu. You can then delete the Discord file by right-clicking on it and choosing Move to Trash. Next, you can empty the Trash Bin. Please try again.
The Discord client can be downloaded a second time via the Discord website for Mac and Windows users alike. Next, run the installation file and continue with the guided installation process. Lastly, you can try logging in to Discord using the same account. Also, you’ll need to install Better Discord, so follow steps 8 and 9.
9. Report Your Problem to the Support Channel in the Better Discord Server
Better Discord still does not work properly after trying everything you can think of. Who are you, and what do you do? Better Discord does not recommend Discord Support since it technically is prohibited by their terms of service. Concerns can also be raised in the Support Channel of our Discord Server with Better Features. It has a friendly and helpful community that offers valuable advice. A better alternative is to bring it to the attention of the developers so that they can ensure that the bug fixes are released in the next update.
Additionally, you can join the Better Discord server by clicking the next button. To report an error, please navigate to the support page, then channel the server.
How to Fix the Better Discord Background Image Not Showing?
It is possible that Better Discord had an installation problem but that the background theme picture was not loading properly. What next? ThemeFixer from Dahippo155 is believed to be more efficient than any other step in the guide. Installing the theme file is the same as installing a Discord theme.
- Go to Discord’s configuration settings.
- Choose Themes under Bandaged BD from the left pane. The Folder for the theme will open when you click the button. Visit this page.
- Place the theme file (CSS) in the Folder next.
- Finally, Discord can be enabled; you can do this by flipping the switch. For the change to take effect, you might need to restart Discord (Step 1)
Discord at its best (without errors) is undoubtedly a blessing. You have the ability to customize it in a way that is not possible with default clients. Third-party apps may not be for everyone.
A dedicated team of developers and a community of users are ready to assist you in fixing bugs. In addition, we developed this guide.
Here are nine tricks to fix better discord not working. This nine-way can be very helpful for you. Ensure that you do this when Better Discord not working.